Posted on September 17, 2016
It's been quite a while, hasn't it? The last time this site was updated was in 2012!
Originally, I uploaded this website so that I could use the database in another project. After poking around and admiring my previous work, I got carried away and started fixing code. That's brought us here.
Since the initial launch and eventual closure of Canada's Wonderland Facts, I've picked up some more tricks and skills that have helped me improve the website. Here are some changes to note:
- It's not designed related, but the name has changed from Canada's Wonderland Facts to Canada's Wonderland Source.
- On the original website, there was a refresh button that appeared at the bottom of the homepage, specifically to load a new fact. However, the button simply reloaded the entire home page which was not a very good design. This time around, you can now load a new fact without reloading the entire page, thanks to jQuery ajax.
- The width of the content is flexible as opposed to the original fixed width.
- The use of Google Fonts and Material icons.
- Lots of little improvements behind the scenes to help make managing content easier for me.
- Pictures are being updated to more recent, nicer quality images. The old pictures were taken with a 3.2 megapixel camera...
There are a few more back-end things to work on, and then it's on to filling up the Ride Database and adding more content.
I'm planning on keeping this website and the original "other project" I mentioned earlier as things to keep me busy as we await the new Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge! Thanks for visiting!